Top Tips for an Ideal Annual Meeting Experience
The Teratology Society has prepared top attendee tips for getting the most of out of your Annual Meeting experience.
To Do Now
- Register for the Annual Meeting! What are you waiting for?
- Make your hotel reservation at the host hotel, Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina.
- RSVP on Facebook and find out who among your friends will be there.
- If your company or one of your vendors would benefit from exhibiting during Teratology Society Annual Meeting, please contact Amy Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in supporting the Annual Meeting through sponsorship or marketing opportunities please contact Becca Isakower at email@example.com.
Before You Arrive
- Read the Annual Meeting Agenda online before you arrive. You have a lot of choices to make!
- Read ahead—check out Annual Meeting speakers’ articles in PubMed and books before you hear them speak.
- Review the listing of exhibitors and make appointments in advance.
- Check out the handouts in advance online. We will not have printed handouts on-site, and it’s a great way to get a sneak peak of what a session will be like.
- Bring your business cards (note how you met someone and what you discussed on the back, so you can follow up after the meeting).
- Check-in as early as Friday afternoon to get your badge and materials and avoid lines in the morning.
- Make sure you pack your water bottle, comfortable shoes, and sweater. Conference days are long, you will walk a lot and meeting rooms can be chilly.
While at the Conference
- Print the agenda ahead of time or order a printed Program so you will have a place to keep your notes, and write your name on your Program so you don’t lose it.
- Introduce yourself to everyone you sit next to. It’s the easiest way to meet someone with a common interest.
- Check out the neighborhood on Google Maps. You can search for nearby restaurants and sites and even see pictures of the neighborhood.
- Plan ahead—make dinner reservations in advance.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions! This is your chance to get answers from experts.