2019 Call for Late-Breaking Abstracts
Whether you have new data to present or were unable to submit your abstract in February, you have the opportunity to submit an abstract for poster presentation during the 2019 meeting. Accepted late breaking abstracts will be assigned to either Poster Session 1 on Monday, June 24, or Poster Session 2 on Tuesday, June 25. The accepted late-breaking abstracts will be included in the online registration materials available to all attendees
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Abstracts must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2019.
Abstract submission is separate from meeting registration.
Instructions for Abstract Submission
Abstracts are to be submitted by e-mail only to email@example.com. If e-mail submission is impossible for any reason, please contact Becca Isakower at 703.438.3104. The preferred method is as an attached Word document. If you must use a different format, please contact Becca Isakower at the telephone number or e-mail address above.
- Abstracts should be no more than 350 words in length—not including Title, Authors or Institutions. This limit includes all text, spaces and punctuation.
- Font size must be 11 point Arial.
- Do not indent the title. State authors' names using initials only for first and middle names. Include institution, city and state/country. Omit degrees, titles, institutional appointments, street addresses and zip codes. Underline the abstract title. (See sample format below.)
- The text of the abstract should consist of a single paragraph and start with a single tab indentation. The abstract should be factual and informative. It should adequately summarize the paper to be presented, including results and conclusions. Do not indicate that "results will be presented."
- The use of standard abbreviations is desirable (e.g., rbc, kg, mg). A special or unusual abbreviation should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word which it represents. Numerals rather than words should indicate numbers, except to begin sentences.
- Copies of the late-breaking abstracts presented at the 2019 Annual Meeting will be posted as part of the on-line registration materials.
- For questions or further instructions, send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (703) 438-3104.
Format for single institution submissions
Jones B, Smith TM. Teratology Society, Reston, VA, United States. Single Institution Abstract Title
Take care to make sure that all italics, superscript, subscript, and any special characters are in place before submitting an abstract. Double check the list of authors for accuracy, order, and make sure that the presenting author is underlined.
Format for multiple institution submissions
Jones B1,2, Smith TM1, Brown AB2. 1Teratology Society, Reston, VA, United States, 2Review Office, Reston, VA, United States. Multiple Institution Abstract Title
Take care to make sure that all italics, superscript, subscript, and any special characters are in place before submitting an abstract. Double check the list of authors for accuracy, order, and make sure that the presenting author is underlined. Ensure that the correct author has the correct institutions noted after their name.